As a financial advisor, tax CPA, attorney, or real estate broker, you have a duty to advise clients on matters that are typically quite complicated and often involve large financial transactions. You can help your clients reap financial benefits by offering deferred sales trusts as part of your portfolio of services. Reef Point offers a partner program that gives professionals across various industries the opportunity to help their clients with estate planning and tax deferral services. Here are a few things you should know about becoming a Reef Point Partner.
Who Should Think About Becoming a Reef Point Partner
Many different professionals can benefit from becoming a Reef Point Partner, including:
- Financial and investment advisors
- Certified public accountants
- Business brokers
- Real estate professionals
- Mergers and Acquisitions professionals
If you work in any of these professions, you undoubtedly have clients who are relying on you to help them reduce their overall tax burdens when selling real estate or other highly-appreciated assets. Partnering with Reef Point can provide you with the knowledge and education you need to offer DSTs to your clients.
Benefits You’ll Receive When You Become a Partner
As a Reef Point partner, you’ll become part of a professional team working toward a common goal of saving clients money. By offering DSTs, you can meet the tax deferral expectations of your clients and you’ll also enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to leading-class financial tools such as a seminar tool kit, personalized websites to help you generate leads, and client PowerPoint presentations
- Continuing education and regular training webinars to keep you up-to-date with changes and advancements in DSTs
- Marketing assistance
- Support from experienced real estate planning and tax experts
- Collaboration with you and your clients
When you offer DSTs as part of your overall service portfolio, you increase your competitiveness and have a better chance of attracting clients.
How Deferred Sales Trusts Can Benefit Your Clients
There are a variety of ways deferred sales trusts can benefit your clients. Here are a few of the most notable:
- Clients don’t have to pay capital gains on real estate sales (in other words, you defer taxes on capital gains while simultaneously earning income by choosing to invest the proceeds from the sale)
- DSTs allow clients to diversify their portfolios
- DSTS allow investors to control the frequency with which they receive payments (however, it is important to note that any funds withdrawn from the trust are taxed)
If you have clients who want to know how to generate profits from their brick-and-mortar assets while also using those assets as a tax shelter, you should explain DSTs to them. DSTs are entirely legal when done the correct way. When you partner with Reef Point, you’ll receive all the education and training necessary to make sure you know how to properly complete the DST process so you’re compliant with regulations.
Contact Us To Learn More
Are you interested in learning more about how to become a Reef Point partner and start offering DSTs to your clients? Contact us today and let’s chat!