Experts agree that a business must add value to the products and services it sells in order to make a profit. Adding value also gives you additional benefits, including such things as the following:
- Increased customer satisfaction and therefore loyalty
- Positive long-term relationships with your customers and clients
- Competitive edge over your competitors
- Increased market share
- Marketing cost efficiencies
Whether you are an attorney, a tax CPA, a Realtor, a financial or investment advisor, a merger and acquisitions professional or a business broker, you’re always seeking new clients and customers. You’re likewise always seeking new and innovative ways to satisfy their needs, ideally ways not offered by your competitors. Becoming a Reef Point Partner can accomplish both of these goals for you.
Who is Reef Point?
Reef Point is one of the relatively few companies authorized to offer the Deferred Sales Trust (DST) to high-asset and high-income clients desiring to sell or otherwise dispose of a highly appreciated asset. In addition, we’re proud that Greg Reese, our founder, principal and managing member, is one of only 13 people nationwide qualified to be an Independent DST Trustee.
What is the DST?
The DST is a legal, safe and proprietary tax strategy that offers the following benefits to your clients and customers:
- Ability to dispose of a highly appreciated asset while deferring their capital gains taxes
- Ability to secure their sale proceeds
- Opportunity to diversify their holdings into any “prudent investment” they wish, including such things as stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, annuities, REITs, green energy funds, even back into real estate or a business, etc.
- Opportunity to increase their cash flow
- Opportunity to bail out of a failed 1031 exchange
How Does the DST Work?
In a nutshell, the DST works as follows:
- You and your client or customer meet with the Estate Planning Team to strategize and draft the DST.
- The owner of the asset enlists your help to sell his or her highly appreciated asset to the DST in exchange for a secured installment sale contract.
- The Independent Certified Trustee immediately sells the asset to your client’s or customer’s intended buyer for the same amount.
- The Trustee then invests the sale proceeds and makes specified payments to your client or customer, both as directed by him or her.
Partnering with Reef Point
When you become a Reef Point partner or affiliate, you become part of a team of professionals working together collaboratively to serve your clients’ and customers’ tax deferral and other objectives. Not only does this partnership give you a new, innovative way to add value to the services you already offer and thereby give you a competitive edge, it also provides you with the following:
- Ongoing education and training by Reef Point on all facets of the DST
- Marketing assistance and content
- PowerPoint presentations to show your clients and customers
- Seminar tool kit
- Help in analyzing potential transactions
- Collaboration with you, your clients and customers, and their advisors
- Support from tax and estate planning experts
- Personalized lead generation websites
- Regular training webinars
Want to Know More?
If you find the idea of becoming a Reef Point partner intriguing and want to know more, contact us today.